Badan Mhugaidh - Activities
Let's be honest, you don't have to actually do anything whilst here.
We're sure just quietly absorbing the scenery, the ambience, the power of the place is more than an acceptable and rewarding pastime.
For those who do need to do a little more then there are some world class facilities to aid your enjoyment of this most unique place - just remember to set your watches to Highland time, walk a little slower, and breathe!
Do it Yourself stuff
- Stunning walks - straight from the door - from high level Munros to estate tracks to secret coastal paths - and we can help with guide books and maps
- Painting - awesome scenery, flora, fauna, and wildlife
- Photography - be inspired with these local shots from Steve Carter
- Sailing - launch your trailer-sailer from a nearby slipway and enjoy an unforgettable sailing area as if it were your very own
- Diving - we have plenty of space for you to park the rib and trailer ashore - Loch Torridon is deep and gin-clear. And we should be able to help with recharging
- Cycling - on The Estate and neighbouring estates - many miles of track
- Driving - ok, not so "green" but some of the most exciting driving on the planet!
- Golf - 9-hole links courses at Lochcarron and Gairloch, home of the annual 1 January 'Paracetamol Open'
Regular event stuff
2 mad cycle races, Beag & Mor, over Britain's highest mountain pass
- Strathpuffer - in the top 10 toughest mountain bike events on earth - Awaiting dates for 2014
You can walk home from this..
- Torridon Real Ale Festival - October 2013
Or, walk to this...
The most serious stuff - 6 July 2013